Import epub eBooks

Hello,

I installed pressbooks in wordpress multi and pressbook but can’t import epub eBooks so i installed the missing epub validator (apt install epubcheck in Ubuntu 16.04).

If don’t installed the exports because i don’t Need to export.

but when i try to import an epub i still get the error page:

​http://​…/wp-admin/tools.php​ ​page=pb_import&import=yes&_wpnonce=5eeedff8a9​
​ …
HTTP ERROR 500

​when i try to export the epub Check box is even not available to Check also.

​I can´t import any epub… i miss something that i did not find yet in documentation.​

​Can any one Help? Somebody with the same problem?

Thanks.
QQC

HTTP ERROR 500

Hi. This is not sufficient. Please look at the log files and paste more information.

More info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Hi!

With Debug activated the error is:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘ZipArchive’ not found in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/pressbooks/inc/modules/import/epub/class-epub201.php:68 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/pressbooks/inc/modules/import/class-import.php(403): Pressbooks\Modules\Import\Epub\Epub201->__construct() #1 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/pressbooks/inc/modules/import/class-import.php(262): Pressbooks\Modules\Import\Import::setImportOptions() #2 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Pressbooks\Modules\Import\Import::formSubmit(’’) #3 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #4 /var/www/html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /var/www/html/wp-settings.php(450): do_action(‘init’) #6 /var/www/html/wp-config.php(125): require_once(’/var/www/html/w…’) #7 /var/www/html/wp-load.php(37): require_once(’/var/www/html/w…’) #8 /var/www/html/wp-admin/admin.php(31): require_once(’/var/www/html/w…’) #9 /var/www/html/wp-admin/tools.php(10): require_onc in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/pressbooks/inc/modules/import/epub/class-epub201.php on line 68

Thanks a lot

QQC

It looks like your web host doesn’t include the PHP ZipArchive module, which is required for Pressbooks to work with EPUB files (they are essentially specialized Zip archives). I suggest contacting your host and seeing if they can enable it for you.

Thanks it works.
AJ.