Recent Changes to HTML structure and navigation elements?

Hi @Ned–have there been recentish changes to the HTML structure for Pressbooks chapters and/or the nav-reading navigation element? I seem to recall that there used to be a wrapper class and wrap id (we were targeting it for some CSS changes, I think), but I don’t see those in standard page markup anymore. I’m also not seeing a switch between the nav-reading menu’s positioning at different page widths. Is it now universally fixed to appear at the bottom of the page? I didn’t see specific references to either of these in past release notes, though it’s quite possible I’m looking in the wrong place …

Hi Steel, relevant changes in McLuhan 2.5.0 are as follows:

• Display front and back matter types in navigation: #253
  • Make webbook navigation consistent on all screen size (props @colomet for the idea): #256

In short, we changed the navigational elements to display (for example) “Introduction” rather than “Front Matter” — using the front matter/back matter type, if available, to add context for navigation. In testing this we found that this exacerbated a problem that already occurred which you had identified in https://github.com/pressbooks/pressbooks-book/issues/264 — the overlapping of navigational elements with the reading content — and we decided to adopt a suggestion from @colomet and make the navigational elements work the same way on all screen sizes. As to other markup changes, I’m not aware of any—if you can add some details I can figure out what’s going on.

Thanks Ned–I should have looked at the theme updates rather than the PB core! Now that I’m thinking about themes, my guess is that the extra wrapper stuff was probably a relic/legacy of the Open Textbooks theme, which we were using heavily on our Unizin-hosted instance. @brad – if it’s not too much trouble, can you quickly confirm whether the Open Textbooks theme did/does make use of a .wrapper class or #wrap id or point me toward the place where the answer to that question might be found in your repo?

Hi Steel - hope this helps: https://github.com/BCcampus/pressbooks-textbook/search?q=wrapper&unscoped_q=wrapper